IP CCTV System Installation from DHTech Tunbridge Wells
Digital Home Technology CCTV Installation Specialists offering CCTV installation for both businesses and homes throughout Tunbridge Wells and the surrounding area.
We no longer support or install analogue based cctv systems, this is due to their poor quality images and susceptible to interferance.
IP CCTV Systems
IP surveillance is a digitized and networked version of closed-circuit television (CCTV). In an IP surveillance system, an IP camera records video footage and the resulting content is distributed over an IP (Internet protocol) network.
Digitization offers a number of benefits over traditional analog CCTV, including:
- Improved search capability.
- Greater ease of use.
- Better quality images and no degradation of content over time.
- The ability to record and play simultaneously.
- The ability to compress content for improved storage.
Adding networking capability to digital CCTV provides additional benefits, including:
- Improved ability for remote viewing and control. Anyone on the network can potentially see video from any camera connected to the network.
- IP storage makes it possible to store data in any geographic location.
- Greater ease of distribution. An image of a crime suspect, for example, can be immediately distributed to officials.
- The ability to connect to email and other communications systems so that alerts can be sent automatically.
Basic Components of a CCTV System
CCTV systems consist of a number of components, including cameras, monitors, and recorders. The cameras chosen should be appropriate to the areas they are going to be used in, with weatherproof cameras being best suited to outdoor conditions and infrared cameras functioning in all lighting conditions. Static cameras are usually adequate for household use. In addition, the type of camera sensor affects the quality of the images produced: CMOS cameras are the least expensive, while CCD cameras produce the highest image quality.
Why do you need CCTV?
Homes and businesses are effected by crime and burglaries every day, with thousands experincing the personal and business lost as a consequence of crime.
CCTV is a very powerful tool in the fight against crime. Not only does CCTV provide a fantastic visual deterrent â€“ footage can be used to provide evidence against anti-social behaviour, theft, vandalism and burglary â€“ saving you thousands in the long run.
- CCTV helps to deter thieves
- View remote locations, including multiple locations at once
- Safely monitor premises from a control room Provide
- CCTV evidence to Police to secure a prosecution
Call or email DHTech for further information and free quote.